Old 06-28-2012, 05:28 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by redmadder View Post
Here's my two cents. I contacted sew-classic about the 66 bobbins being too big. She replied that hers are checked and will fit the older machines. All twenty that I bought work like a charm.

Aren't I sad today. I'm visiting DD north of Baltimore and brought my 1963 New Home to quilt a project. Well, the motor died today. For awhile she would take off and sew perfectly if I just bumped the wheel. Now she won't do anything. Its not the machine. With the belt removed I finished the seam by spinning the wheel by hand. And the motor does nothing even with the belt off. Sigh. Where in the world will I find a motor for Myrtle?
Are you sure it isn't a loose wire or a bad contact connection on the foot control or a bumped circuit breaker? Try a different outlet. You can get new foot controls pretty easy. Is it just a bolt on motor or is it internal? http://shop.sew-classic.com/Motor-Ne...s-SCE35L09.htm - that one is external bolt on. She says she is out of stock. I would call her anyway - usually she comes up with something. I'm thinking there are other places to find new sewing machine motors. Grainger maybe?