View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 07:44 PM
irishrose

huntersgrammie, my computer is being difficult so I can't copy and paste the links right now. For Sunny Days, go to quilterscache and find the name in the alphabetical list. I cut my little squares 2 1/2 inches, not two inches. I like the small ones better, but as a relatively new quilter, I am not ready for anything smaller than 2 1/2. Put Sunny Lanes in the search box here to see how nice justflyingin's look with the correct size squares. She did a yellow one, then a red and a blue. If you use my size, you'll need to change the other measurements, but I can help you with that.

Quilterscache has the snowball and 9 patch for the front in the same list. Mine are a little bigger. I have an extra block I can measure if you want. When I had six blocks across and didn't like it, I split row #4 and sewed it to the outside edges so the pattern matched. Popped in the appliqued band with a strong red to separate the blocks and the applique, then added the red strip all around and finally the piano keys border which is also in quilterscache. The back couldn't have a border which is a first.

Lining them up was easy as for my last two quilts I have used Sharon Schamber's method with the boards. The back was narrower because of the odd size of the flower strip, so it got a red blender leftover from the lily and a yellow that wasn't the same as the yellow in the quilt to enlarge it on two sides.

Any more questions, you can ask here, pm me or email me. Just remember I have only been trying to quilt for 1 1/2 years, so there's a lot I don't know. Ask me about apparel sewing, then I know something.
Judy