View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
I finally finished my oldest daughter's b'day quilt. I took forever because I didn't like so many things about it. Started as 9Ps and Snowballs. I didn't like that so I split it and added the appliqued flowers. Still didn't like it, so I started a new one for the back. Sunny Lanes after seeing a post by justflyingin here on the QB. Back to the front and added scrappy piano keys to cut down on the red/green of the quilt. Two color binding. I think I'm glad it's finished and delivered. BTW, I worried for nothing. She loved it. The small rose print was her favorite print as a child. She laughed at my hand drawn lily - it's the second flower from the bottom if you can't guess. At least the coneflower and tulip passed.

Size 68X70
Pattern Snowball/Nine Patch w/appliques and a piano key border
Back Sunny Lanes from quilterscache
Two color binding from Charismah's tutorial
[ATTACH=CONFIG]344932[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]344933[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]344934[/ATTACH]
No wonder she loved it. That is so pretty and unique. I assume the front or top of the quilt is thesie with the flowers in the panel. But both sides of the quilt are beautiful, and could either be used as the front. I love what you did. That is simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing.