View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 04:50 AM
PghPat

I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place.....if not can someone let me know where to post it. Thanks!

I have a Janome 300e and I'm am trying desperately to learn to use it. I have gotten all the basics but one big problem is getting designs lined up correctly. I want/need to make a label for a quilt that I have ready to gift. I used one of the built in designs on a piece of muslin. It is a flowered frame...a design that is built into the machine. WELL, I was surprised that I wasn't able to go to the wording and type in more than one line. Then I was short one letter of being able to put just "Made by Pat Smith"....the "h" wouldn't fit and I was using the smallest font. Then I decided I'd just write the "Made by" on one line and put my name on the next line and the date on a third line. But then I don't know how to get the lines all lined up. Am I making any sense?

I don't want to invest money into a digitizer program at this point. Is there any way I'm able to do this otherwise. I have downloaded a free program that was suggested on this post called Wilcom and was so happy that I am able to view the designs on the computer instead of having to guess what they are by the file name/number.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. Pat