View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 05:42 AM
Helovesme

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
You've been doing it right, no need to change. The scrim side of both W&N and W&W is the flat side, not the bumpy side.

Look at W&N, the dirty side, the one with the flecks, is the non-scrim (top) side. That's also the side with the bumps. The scrim (bottom) side is whiter and flatter. The Warm Company confirms this on their FQ page. http://www.warmcompany.com/faq.html

The same holds true for W&W except there are no flecks to make it easier to see the difference. The flat side is a bit whiter, even with W&W.

Bottom line, the flat side is the scrim side. Reminder hint to get it right every time: 'Bump it up'.

Is there a reason you want two layers of batting for your baby quilt? Won't that make it rather stiff and heavy?
A baby quilt going to Colorado. I used some thinner cotton fabrics when I probably should've used flannel. But I thought 2 layers of batting would make it extra toasty warm. But now that you mention it, it may get stiff and heavy. I didn't plan on doing alot of quilting on it...maybe that would help it not be so stiff?