Old 06-29-2012, 06:09 AM
DawnFurlong

Originally Posted by roseirish48 View Post
My boredom sets in about half way through the quilting stage. I have to sometimes force myself to do so many blocks each day and set myself an approximately scheduled date to have it done. The sewing down of the binding is a drag too but I know I can do a queen size quilt in about 4 hours--throw in a movie and stitch away.
That is usually where it hits me! I also don't like putting on borders. I need more practice with my FMQing. It isn't bad, but I usually just stipple. I think if I spent the time to expand my horizons - that would have a very positive effect! I am not very happy with what I am doing right now on a quilt I plan to give away. I am doing a kind of swirly/cloud meandering type thing that I saw on Leah Day's website I think. Have done it one other time. I can live with it for me, but not sure about giving it to someone else. I think the overall effect will be okay, but some parts of it just feel sloppy to me (not on purpose, but because this skill is a work in progress).

My last binding I sewed in place front and back. While I know many might not like that particular technique - I loved it!!! I used a decorative stitch along the edge. Wasn't perfect on the first one, and I learned what NOT to do on the next one - but I feel confident it won't take me long to work it out and that removes for me a very tedious task that I really, really dislike.