View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 09:50 AM
RugosaB

Originally Posted by oleganny View Post
I hate to say it, but we are rural & "bunnies" are destructive to our garden, & a real nuisance. One of the dogs searches out the nests & eats the bunnies - we call them "bunnie sliders". The other 2 dogs chase them, but quit as soon as the rabbit hits the tall weeds. It is a constant battle saving our veggies from them.

Shirley in Indiana
We are rural too, and about 12-15 years ago we put up a privacy fence. My thinking it, there's not much else I can do. If something comes under the fence, it's on it's own. Just yesterday the dogs got bunny #6 this year.
I don't think there's much else I can do except remember, survival of the fittest

When I bred these dogs, my goal was to breed a basenji that would survive on it's own if in the wilds of Africa, getting my start from a vet who raised them with the motto, 'breeding the functional basenji'

I learned something last year, skunks can climb wooden privacy fences! And woodchucks can dig under. And sometimes, I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, squirrels fall out of trees

Aren't baby bunnies the cutest?