Thread: Flannel backing
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 03:29 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

on the fabric.com web site when you click on a fabric with the description it also gives you care instructions-
was it a wide flannel (108")?
i've been shopping with them for over 10 years & have never seen a flannel at that price except the extra wide ones-
the single sided flannels do tend to pill- unless you treat them kind of gently at first-
the double sided flannels are the ones that do not pill as much- the actual price is not the issue- the quality of the fabric is- you can get good quality at $5 a yard & you can get good value at $10 a yard-
if you bought the 108" wide flannel from them (which would make sense at that price) the ones i've bought were single sided- i wash them with cold water (gently) then dry them in a hot dryer- if you take it out & give it a good shake most of the (fuzzies) should come right off- or you can contact them & they will either replace it or exchange it- they have very good customer service. all the years i've shopped with them only once did i get a flannel that kind of did that- the (lint balls) were not little like pilling though- it was fairly large pieces of lint- they did come off with a shake (pilling doesn't- you kind of have to shave it) and it was because it was a loose weave, single sided flannel-
but if you are unhappy --- call them- they will make it right