Old 06-29-2012, 04:53 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by notsureif View Post
I tell you right now,, shut off that compute and go get that 31, forget you ever saw this 319w it's home machine...

I just got a 16-188 which is the big brother to a 31, They have the same body.... I paid $100 it came in a treadle stand, the top is falling apart,,,, it's monster.

at 75 $ you can't go wrong...consew copied these. parts will interchange.

that one is in a modren table , I'm sure a updated motor...

Do you understand the speed these run ? most do not. These run at one speed only, which is full speed.

hit the pedal and it will GO.. the only way to get a full range of speeds is to buy and install a servo motor ..then they work like a home machine,, servo's sell from 150 to 250..

go get it, you could reslle it for 3 x's that much
Ok John - now that I know you are a guy - I have to agree A LITTLE BIT with what you are saying, but I'd get the 319 too! I love my 319w in treadle!

I just today moved my two 31's into my barn! I am confiscating one stall to set up my 31's for repairing saddle blankets, horse blankets, some tack etc. I have tried using the 31 a couple times, but the thing scared me to death! It takes off racing! I will 'have' to practice and practice with those mean machines or I will end up sewing a finger or something! I love them, though! Oh yeah, both my 31's were given to me along with a bunch of attachments for them and the cabinet - which is electric but looks like a treadle!

I worked on my Hales Crescent's cabinet today - I had already stained and repaired the cabinet - now it is just finishing it! I also worked on my Hitachi cabinet - sanded and stained it! I won't really use the 31's until I can sand and stain their cabinet too!

Oh and I sewed this morning with my Pfaff 260 - which still baffles me! Why don't you try explaining why my machine works fine with one side plugged in and the old knee control, but won't run that way with a more modern foot control?

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 06-29-2012 at 04:55 PM.