Old 06-29-2012, 05:55 PM
happinessbears

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
I don't know anything about Bernina's except what I have gleaned from the internet. I have never sewn on one, although I would love the chance! My biggest concern is about parts for the 730. Are parts available after market? I know Bernina doesn't support the 730 any longer. I do hope they will take back the machine with a full refund toward another machine or repair the Bernina and maybe toddle into the backroom and find the accessories that go with it..
Very good news! I went to the store today and decided to give the Bernina (which I've now named Q-tip) one last chance. The mechanic fixed my machine (it was the thing behind the bobbin and my needle was too high) and also put in a new lightbulb and everything. The dealer and I together, we searched around the shop for feet and such for the machine and we were lucky to find about 10 bobbins, a pack of needles, the knee lift , zigzag presser foot, and a walking foot! Yay!! Although that wasn't everything, it was really great and she gave me everything free of charge