View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Lisanne

Moonpi, I am in awe of you! Not only did you find other life forms, you outlined them for the rest of us. How did you do that so well? I have the hardest time trying to draw freeform on the computer.

Dunster, after 3 years and with the quality of your quilts, I don't think you're allowed to call yourself a beginner any more. Although I do agree that there will always be more to learn.

Yes, I was using the Flip/Rotate function in Paint. Unfortunately, Paint has its limitations, so I can only do this in a few directions, can't rotate to angles other than multiples of 90 degrees. OTOH, it's fairly easy to use.

Amma, it looks to me like he's sticking his tongue out, too. Now, tell me what "I Spy" quilts are? I love the concept of quilt blocks with surprises or hidden messages in them, btw. I'd love to do something like that when I'm more advanced.

Minstrel, I'm nowhere near making a kaleidoscope quilt yet, though it's on my wish list. I'm still on my beginner sampler. I might try to do my Dresden Plate block as a kaleidoscope, but it will be with other fabric. I inly used this because I wanted to play with the idea and already had the photo to use.

I saw the butterfly, had a sense of a genie so now I'll go look again.

katier825, you think maybe Elvis will show up there? LOL, if he does I'll be sure to sell it on eBay!

Eddie, are you thinking of Anne Geddes? I adore her work.

sewjoyce, I can see why it reminds you of the Monopoly man. :)