Thread: Any Thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Quaint Quilter

Thanks for the advice...I knew I could get a "non-inflated" answer from everyone here. I have heard similar things about the low end Singers and your expertise just confirmed that for me. I have a Kenmore machine and am looking at getting another full size, yet portable machine for carrying. My Kenmore is not that portable. I have been looking at the Janome brand. I have a Janome HF107 I bought for my DD about 4 years ago. It doesn't have the extra features I am looking for when it comes to classes etc. I would like to get a serger....no need for one anytime soon. If I can get a great deal on a good one worth the price...then I will get one...otherwise....not in the market for one specifically at this point. As of now....I am reading, searching, and shopping around for a good portable....but yet fairly versatile machine. In my area, a new Joanns is opening up...and I am hoping some more classes will be available. My local Hancock Fabrics doesn't have any classes. I would have to drive to the nearest one of 45 minutes...one way....just to take any classes.