Old 06-30-2012, 10:17 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
So frustrating just drove hour and a half to pick up featherweight i bought off craigslist and seller didnt show up.

So sorry to hear that. I buy all of my vintage machines off craigslist but never have met anyone in a parking lot. DH and I always go together to their homes. I got my FW a few years back from a lady who lived a 2+ hour drive north of us. We drove up there, had a wonderful visit with the couple, they gave us a tour of their beautifully wood interior home. She had 6 handcranks she was selling and her DH had some really nice specialty wood he practically gave my husband for him to make furniture, lamps, etc. out of. So, the very next week we drove our trailer up there and I bought 2 of her handcranks and DH bought all of this man's wood. We enjoyed the trip both ways, both times. Twice I have purchased machines off craigslist from women who lived in my daughter's city. I have sent them a check and my daughter then has gone to pick and hold the machines until we get together. I do agree that you have to be very careful, especially when carrying cash and be ready to get out of something that doesn't look or feel right.

Hope you find a better and sweeter FW from someone who treats you like they would want to be treated.