Old 06-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Glenn

Hi everyone, just got back yesterday from camping and fishing. Had a great time but boy was it hot 100+ and then went to Vicksburg to tour the National Battlefield Park and it was 105 for the three days we were there. So hot the fish did not bite and really to hot for me to fish for long periods of time. I did show my quilt at the family gathering in Meridian MS and they loved it. They tried to take it away from me. I told them about all of you and how nice you were to make this quilt for me. Yes I told them about each block and who did them and how Nancy collected them and put the quilt together. They were amazed. We did go antiqueing in Meridian and Vicksburg. Found an old Franklin treadle rotary with bobbin and thread in the machine but the bobbin slide plate is missing. I thought I would use this head to show you how I clean machines from begining to end and repair missing japan on the machine, restoring clear coat on the japan and such. The decals are not good so a good machine to show you guys on. This machine does work but need to find a slide plate when we are done cleaning. This one should be fun. I really enjoyed the pics on the fishy quilt thread and seeing the machines used. When I get settled I will post pics of the quilt in the camper and a pic of a quilt make by slaves in the 1830. I will try to get them all downloaded into this PC today or tomorrow so I can post some of them. I see Charlee and Miriam were good girls while I was gone.

Skip

Last edited by Glenn; 06-30-2012 at 11:42 AM.