Old 06-30-2012, 12:37 PM
xxxxxxxxxx

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the desire of certain vintage machines is similar.

Some would die for one of those big ugly beasts, the 31. While others would argue that the machine to own is the cute FWs. Some only look at Singers, while others covet the Lady Kenmores or the Necchi. When it comes down to what is best, it really is what makes one happy. And in the end, we are just the steward of what is now mechanic art.
yes the unseen beauty........

would any of you buy this machine ? better yet would you buy it sight unseen ? topped off with the reason you were there was buying 1922 machine from his renter that didn't look much better for $100

which went from my pocket to her hand as soon as my car door opened..

I ask because of reading so much of " it ain't worth it and this I wouldn't buy any machine with rust on it ". get real real you have rust and scars. most of us are only half there age..

when we dug it out all the veneer and wood scroll work was laying on the floor ,, so I did get all those pieces
,, I did pay for this, yet to me it was free or you might say the icing of the cake for that day ...

If I were to do a public display of all my treadles, I would leave this one as is, to show what they were and what thay can be

It will get refinished, I know it will take 7 days a week and no less than two weeks to reglue the entire cabinet..

my main cleaning agent will be a grease, that you can't not buy. with a little help from dewalt and Dow chemcail.

I deal with antigue/vintage cars,, the term barn find equals = gold, this is a true barn find... i wish I would have taken a camera, to show where it sat for the known 30 yrs he told me of.. I'm sure the tractor sitting there had not moved in the last 50 , there was two of those,,,

O this is a 6 drawer. with the solid ends covered with the wooden scroll work

Last edited by xxxxxxxxxx; 06-30-2012 at 12:41 PM.