Old 06-30-2012, 05:41 PM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by scraphq View Post
If I were finishing this quilt, I would never embroider on it without consulting the owner. It will cost you a lot of points if she isn't thrilled with any additions to her mother's quilt. Just my thoughts. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
Agree with scraphq, if you do go ahead, I would just do the top. Maybe before you quilt it, it will be easier. So glad you are handquilting it, bet it will look lovely!!
Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
If you do the embroidery, I don't think you'd want the stitches to show on the back. Usually, embroidery would be done on the blocks before they're assembled. I agree that it shouldn't be done at all without checking with the owner, and also sounding out how much she's willing to pay you before you do any of it. She might be thinking she's going to save money by recruiting you.

Ooh, boy - I hope none of those other siblings are inclined to be jealous that you're doing all this work for only one of them! It will be a labor of love, and she'd better appreciate it.
The Aunt thinks it is a wonderful idea and emailed me all the names and birthdates. As for payment, I told her I wouldn't take payment for it. She started to fuss that's why I told her we would talk about it later! If she persists, I will only charge her for the supplies that I had to purchase re: Q-Snap floor frame ($30 on CL) thread and needles.