View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 07:45 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

What a nice story JenniKy ... memories of your Dad as you do your sewing. Not many attribute their quilting success to their Dad, nor to house building! Though you will now have us wondering about your adventurous life!

You made me think of one of the LQS' that I will visit this next month during the Shop Hop is run by a former Mining Engineer, who was ready for a change of pace ... quite a change! She does incredible work, and has a LOT to see when you visit her store. Interesting too, it's in an old train station! She has Mini Quilt patterns in her store, designed by another Engineer friend ... she can't take her quilting with her when she's on the road, so instead designs these patterns. I was intrigued by the patterns during last years's Hop, and now that I've dabbled in minis a little, I'll be purchasing at least one this time round. Coincidentally I met the Mini Quilt Engineer that we both attended last month. Small world!

Before the sunset tonight, I took a picture of the sewing chest. The drawers are high enough that I can stand my Aurifil thread in on end. So that'll let it store one huge thread stash! Yipppeeeee!!1 I should have shot down at it, to show you the inside. Maybe tomorrow?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]345757[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails intlpatriotic-006.jpg