Thread: Orphan Blocks
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 07:28 AM
masufa

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom View Post
I haven't met this lady so I can't really say for certain but I think it is probably a little bit of each. But I have no explanation at all for those 62 blocks!! I spent a lot of time last night trying to finish going through everything - STILL not finished! I do think I've found all the blocks, though and there are a ton. I'll try to photograph more of them later, but I have more sorting and pressing to do first.
They could be left over from a project or if the lady belongs to a guild they could come from there, I have heard of guilds where everyone in the guild gives you a block on your birthday made from colors and designs you have requested. My guild has something we call a monthly lottery block, at the business meeting each month everyone is given a pattern and colors to make a block and then those who make a block get their name put into a pot and the winner get all the blocks made for that month depending on how many people made blocks you can end up with any where from 5 to 20 blocks. Some months I have won and really didn't want to do anything with those blocks so they sit in a drawer waiting for me to come up with an idea.