Old 07-01-2012, 08:28 AM
redbugsullivan

Originally Posted by notsureif View Post
this singer I posted is totaly coming apart , all the ply has come unglued and has mold between the layers,, it will have to be, soaked it water to unglue what is still sticking clean then reglued.. The broken veneer will be put back in place,, I do not place any veneer on these machines...
Isn't it wonderful that the whole spectrum of VSM collectors are on this thread! Some folks simply crave the best while others appreciate what was and save old machines from the trash heap. I have examples of both!

My Singer 99K was a freecycle gift and arrived in pristine condition (all except for the slightly water damaged cabinet top). When folks see it, WoW!

My National Alvah was a rusty mess with missing pieces/parts, missing or peeling veneer, and a rich history when I brought it home. While it may not ever be gorgeous, I don't expect it to be! To me, it is priceless. My very first treadle.

So John, nice job saving a bit of history. I don't own a Red-eye. Enjoy saving this one! Admittedly, I'm wishing I had been a mouse in your pocket in order to have seen that tractor. :-)

Viva le difference!