Thread: Needle change
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 08:42 AM
bluteddi

My avatar is Zipster the supervisor. He is a strict Quality control... and I think he had just found a loose thread... LOL

He loves to " help".

I sharpen my needles by running them a few times thru the "old tomato pincushion" granite sand fob. I primarily only sew charity items usually for Veterans, and I live on a very tight fixed income, so I feel I need to get every bit of life out of all my equipment. Some needles sharpen better than others.. My current sharpened needle was donated from a QB member and I'm on my 6th quilt top using that needle. Yes, needles are cheap, but when you live on a fixed income, evena couple of dollars can be difficult so you try to make things last as long as possible. If I can get even one quilt out of "sharpened" needles that that much saved that I can put towards more for the veteran or charity project. I do accept donated fabrics, batting, fleece, flannel, thread, orphans blocks, & needles that may have little life left in them for your projects.
The Veterans do not mind an item used to be a unloved or an extra block of piece of fabric.. they love them, they cherish them, and it brightens theirs lives.

Thank you to the many QB members that have donated to this cause!

bluteddi

Originally Posted by Hattie Frances View Post
I'd like to know how you sharpen your needles, and by the way that's one serious looking avatar.