View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Neesie

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
When do you stop reading the previous posts and then add your comment to a thread?

If it's a finished item in pictures, or a cute pet photo - I feel reasonably confident to add a "It's cute, lovely, beautiful. . . " without reading anything more than the first post.

If someone has posted a "what should I do next . . ." type of post - do you read all the way through, or do you jump in right away?

It's 'sort of' funny when about three pages in the original poster has posted the finished item and people are still making suggestions on page 9.
I try to do the same, more or less. If it's a picture, I'll usually comment. If it's a question, I'll read ahead, before commenting. If it's a question with many, many answer pages, I often just skip it, assuming someone has surely already said what I would say. That said, I'll sometimes be composing an answer and by the time I finish and send, someone else has posted a similar response, having written and posted more quickly, right before me!

I agree it's a bit odd, to read answers/suggestions, long after the OP has announced the end of the issue.

Last edited by Neesie; 07-01-2012 at 11:15 AM.