View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 11:17 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Hey there Muv!!!! ... I think we just hit another Canadian/Brit difference as Pants = Trousers! Not to worry, a very respectable Mountie he is as my earlier post said he had his pants (=trousers) and boots on. Now fully clothed with his red serge finished.

Am now working on the stippled background ..... thread keeps shredding, so I have to stop and join in. I know the problem ... thin thread and inexperienced operator who is putting too much tension on it as she moves it about. At least, thats that's my diagnosis ... unless someone else has a suggestion as to the reason?

Aside from that, I am quite pleased with the look of it all. Though I can't say I particularly enjoy stopping to wind in all those ends.

Sorry,
JenniKy ... with this slowdown, I'm thinking he won't make it for today's celebrations.

I've just watched the Canada Day Festivities on Parliament Hill ... interesting how they wove in the War of 1812 history, along with current day events, and music. Apparently, we are going to be seeing/hearing a lot of our history for the next 5 years, as we build towards the 150th Anniversary ... I'm sure that'll be one big year of events! I know, mere children compared to you Brits and Americans!

BTW
Muv ... good choice on the cherry liqueur ... maybe you can get your pub mates to toast with you tonight!!! aaahhh yes ... anything for a celebration in the local Brit Pub! I can only imagine the excuses during the Olympics!