View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Jenniky

TNT = Thread, Needle, Tension That is the order of adjustments when doing the FMQ on the machine according to "The Quilters Ultimate Visual Guide. From A-Z hundreds of tips and techniques for successful quiltmaking. I use to always mess with the tension first.. but then Im not using Aurafil . I have ordered some to see how different it is. I have been using Gutterman. Everything I read says to adjust the tension itself as a last resort. I was able to get my machine set up quicker this time. Was it luck or the knowledge to use quality thread and changed to a new needle before I even began? It's hard sometimes changing things out. I always want to use it till it breaks. I learned really fast that cheap threads makes me cry and pull my hair out and say very rude things to my sewing machine. LOL So really Quilt E .. I dont have any tips for you that you probably dont already know. Oh wait.. I have found that I relax and FMQ better when listening to country music especially Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville