Old 07-01-2012, 03:07 PM
pjnesler

Originally Posted by liese View Post
WOW!! What a GREAT job you've done with your free motion quilting. I keep looking at these things and thinking how difficult and time consuming they must be. Besides that, being a perfectionist doesn't help me wanting to try this. Tell me how difficult or not difficult it is????
Thanks for the kind words - I'm enjoying the class, and don't look at it as difficult at all, the instructor talks through and shows everything so well that I would think most folks that try would be successful at it. I took the samples I've done so far to work to show some gals that also thought it must be hard, but just said where there's a will there's a way, we all learned to walk right? The part I didn't "enjoy" was getting the quilt sandwichs ready for practice and the final project, I just wanted to dive right in, we all know that doesn't work. I have now decided I'm going to keep a bunch of quilt sandwiches ready to go for future practice projects. When done, they are all going together into a "quilt as you go" type project.