View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Gramie bj

I don't remember how old I was when I started to sew. I do remember hand sewing doll cloths and my Mom making pattern's for them out of newspaper ( grade school). My grandma Annie taught me to tat and crochet, I could make lacy coller trim and round doillies by the second grade. I remember sitting under the quilting frame in the basement of the Luthern Church while my grandma Ruth and my great grandma Grace quilted with THE Ladies of the church and watching the needles moving through the fabric (4 or 5yrs old). The same two grands taught me embrodrie I know that in the 8th grade I could sew better than my home ec. teacher. She didn' like me making adjustments to store bought patterns so they would fit me. ( she couldn't do it so of course I had to be doing it wrong! LOL) Mom taught me to knit. quilting just sort of slipped in there some place. I no longer knit, or tat, I still crochet, an embrodrie some, sew some of my own skirts and tops. Am trying to get quilting again but it is a slow process, Life seams to be getting in the way LOL!!