View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 06:44 PM
JanTx

Default camo quilt for soldier?

A co-worker has asked me to make a camo quilt for her army private son who has received his first posting after boot camp. The pic shows what I'm thinking ... it's Warm Wishes pattern. I brought in other prints because when my son-in-law was active duty Marines the LAST thing he would have wanted from me was a camo quilt. I think I'll put a narrow inner border of a lighter brown - almost a tan - to hopefully lighten it up some. I know there's a lot of dark, but I'm thinking use and abuse - want something that will not show wear and tear so much. Also thinking of a flannel backing - less bulky, easy to squish and smash in a duffle bag.

The fabric is from Hobby Lobby - not LQS quality, but also not LQS price. I just don't think I'm making a family heirloom here and want something servicable and possible for her to pay for.

So .. thoughts? on the right track or ...? If it doesn't fit the bill I'll use it for a high school grad - I give them to the grads from my church every year so keep a stockpile - and go a different direction with this one.
Attached Thumbnails dsc02554.jpg   dsc02551.jpg