Thread: Brother PE 770
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 03:27 AM
mpspeedy

I have two embroidery machines. The first is a Bernina that I have had for at least 20 years. It uses the PES format. In order to still use the thousands of dollars worth of software I have purchased for it over the years I had to buy another machine. Since my original Bernina was created with a Brother patent I was able to use my software on the Brother. I purchased the PE-780D Brother. It also uses the PES format and allows me to load desigins with either a card or a thumb drive. The thing I don't like about it is the hoops load from the left rather than the right so I can not use any of the many extras I had purchased for the Bernina over the years.
You need to use some kind of stabalizer on any project. It helps to keep the decorative thread on top of the object. The stretcher or thinner the fabric the more stabalizer you need. While I like the tear away you have to be careful when removing it so that you don't distort the design by pulling to hard. The kind of stabilizer that disolves in water solves that problem as long as the article is washable. In a pinch I have even used a paper towel. Over the years I have purchased way to much embroidery thread. Most of it is Isacord but I have been known to use anything that had the right color for my project. In the last several years I have become lazy and like to use varigated thread to save rethreading constantly. It results in very intersting designs. As a large chested woman I have a tendancy to dribble in that area. An embroidery design covers a world of stains. Using varigated thread also helps to blend the stains into the design.
Have fun with your machine.