View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 04:12 AM
karensue

I have several embroidery machines and they like Robison Anton and Isacord. They also prefer Poly as opposed to Rayon. I do NOT buy those skinny little threads - which I did when I first got my machine because that's what the local box store carried and put on sale. I find that the larger/fatter spools wind much easier through the machine when embroidering.

Also, I do not have my embroidery speed up high - I even have a semi professional 10 needle machine and on that one I only use 600 to 700 as the speed. When my friend got her machine it was set at 1,000 and she had a heck of a time with it until I lowered her speed, now she's a happy camper.

It is so much fun, you'll love your machine.

KarenSue

Originally Posted by Quilter in MN View Post
I just picked up my Bernina 830LE late last week. I have been quilting for a while now but am brand new to the embroidery thing. I am so excited and overwhelmed at the same time! I know starting out with a TOL machine probably isn't the smartest move but DH didn't want me to be trading "up" every year until I got the one I wanted...he's such a sweetheart!! I have been playing all weekend and have my first class tomorrow so hopefully things will get easier. I made a few things yesterday on scrap fabric and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. If anyone has any advice on the type of thread this baby likes I will gladly accept it (or advice on any other thing as well!!) I know one thing, I am going to have to utilize the timer on her as I have already been late starting dinner twice since I got her!!!