View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 10:34 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by MaggieBB View Post
You have 4 what? do they sew? Do you sew with them? Would you sell one that sews? maggie
I have four treadle machines.
Yes.
Yes.
Not at this time.

I'm in IL and to ship a complete treadle machine would cost you more than it would cost to buy a complete one there.
I received my #1 Singer 66 as a gift 12 years ago. It cost $50.00 and was complete, even had some attachments.
I paid less than $30.00 for my #2 Singer 66 at GW last year. I have about $50.00 in it for parts to restore it back to a treadle. It also came with some attachments.
We paid somewhere around $285.00 for my Franklin in it's parlor cabinet. I have a lot of time and money in it repairing the cabinet. We picked it up at the GW in Terre Haute, IN. The bottom was water damaged and fell apart as we put it in the Pathfinder. Now repaired and is fully functional.
We paid $20.00 for my Singer 9W-7 and it's damaged cabinet. The head was in good shape but the treadle base and wood is not. For now she resides in a frankin cabinet.

Keep your eyes open, GW, Salvation Army, ST V's, other thrift stores, CL, etcetera. These machines are out there. Singer made a gazillion of them and so did many other manufacturers.

Joe