Old 07-02-2012, 11:26 AM
AnitaSt

Originally Posted by Val in IN View Post
I had the very same problem with the Boy Scout quilt I made for my grandson (see the picture section of the board). The only thing that I could do is sash them. Yep, they were still off but the sashing helped make it not so noticable. My first and last project using cut-apart pre-printed panels.
I had the same problem with a large patriotic design panel....I cut off some sections and tried everything everyone has suggested, but still ended up doing what Val in IN suggests. I used sashing that subtly creates a "squared" look. When the quilt is hanging on the design wall, it definitely still looks a little off. But once it's a quilt in someone's lap, who will notice?

BTW, what I had the most success with was pinning the wet panel to a board that my mother used to use to square her needlepoint. It was sort of like an extra-thick fiber board. Got it as square as I could then sprayed starch on it and worked it in thoroughly. Took a couple of days to dry in our humid climate, but it definitely helped more than anything else.