Old 07-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Divokittysmom

I would also love to know why they always border these panel prints!! This isn't the first time I have worked with a panel print, but it's definitely the worst I have ever seen. I did plunge it into water, rolled it in a towel and let it dry naturally. It is better but NOT perfect. I do agree with cutting off the border and sashing it all around, that's most likely the only thing that will be salvageable at this point!
I am so greatful to all of you for your wonderful hints and tips!! and... your sympathy! giggle I know I can always count on getting help from this wonderful group!
Thank you sew very much and when it's finished I'll post a pic of my trying NOT to be wonky, wonky wallhanging!

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
...and why do they always put a border around the blocks???? I have yet to find a square panel but the ones with borders are the worse because it makes the crookedness more noticeable. I have found the only way for me is to remove the pre-printed border and square up the picture middle and sew on new borders.