View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 05:05 AM
bunniequilter

Default My wonderful Summer!!

I'm so excited!! I have the entire summer off with pay! I cleaned my sewing room which I have been putting off for months and months now. I pulled out some UFOs and sorted thru to find the right one to finish. Best part is my hubby is a locomtive engineer and spends every second day and night out of town running the passenger train. I can get up in the morning (when I want) have my coffee and sew all day long if I want. Yesterday I never even got dressed! I have also wanted to try painting, went out and bought some canvases and paints etc and paint one day and sew the next. Have one painting done and working on a second. As for quilts, one UFO almost done, just need to bind and add the beading, voila done!! In two weeks will be heading to the cottage for three weeks. No power up there so will pack some hand sewing, painting supplies and my camera. I feel like a little kid who has been fed a pot of coffee on Christmas Eve!!! But the down side is a week after I went on my leave of absence, 45 people were laid off with no return date. Not sure I will have a job when I go back at the end of Septmeber. If I am laid off, I will then be on 15 weeks of Employment Insurance, which pays half of what I'm making now. Will have to start looking for a new job in the near future. Will cross that bridge if and when I come to it.