View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:28 AM
burchquilts

Wow! Am I glad I found this thread! Y'all know how much I like to brag on my Leo. But this post is about Leo's predecessor, Yankee. We got Yankee from a rescue in Peoria, IL (6.5 hours -- one way -- away!). He had been found wandering on "Yankee Road" so that's what they named him. The best our vet could figure, he was a beagle/german shepherd/husky mix (& had personality & behavioral traits of all of them). He was about 3 months old when we got him & died last fall when he was only 5 years old. He had a bad reaction to a Lyme vaccination & developed a seizure disorder as as result. We were able to control it for 2 years but in the end, even with all the meds he was on (7 different ones every single day), they become impossible to control & after he'd had 9 grand mal seizures in a 24-hour period, we had him put to sleep. Needless to say, we were beyond devastated. Yankee never met a living thing that he didn't love & want to be with. We used to say he had more personality than most humans we knew. He was just straight up funny & I could be here all day telling you all the cute/funny things he did. But I won't. Just suffice it to say, he was a bright light in this world & I still miss him terribly. Here are a couple of pictures of him... one just being his usual ham self (he LOVED to have his picture taken) & the other fast, fast asleep (resting up to be cute & funny another day). So, without further ado... Yankee Pierre Burch...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]346212[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]346213[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails darling.jpg   too-sleepy.jpg