Old 07-03-2012, 07:43 AM
nurseknitsLaura

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
WHEE I seriously need to thin the herd. Way too many machines. I'm on the fast track for work lately though.
I really need to re-post some machines on CL. The hard part is, of course, pricing. and dealing with humans who do or don't come when they say they will. I've been kind of blue lately, and it makes me much less tolerant of the perpetual "will it sew leather?" people. Like sewing leather is some type of gold standard, and not a specialty. I mean, do these people who've never sewn anything before have any idea how much a tanned hide costs? what are they planning on sewing? and what's with the " it sews 20 layers of denim" people? I've been sewing since childhood, and the only times I ever sew more that 4 layers of anything are few and far between. It's like people don't understand what the domestic sewing machine is for! Then I start worrying that these yahoos will mistreat the machine, and well, it makes thinning the herd a bit problematic. But, i have a necchi, a few whites, and a 201 that all need to go live somewhere else, so I suppose I had better stop whining. Laura