View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 11:07 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

JeanieG ... what a wonderful holiday for you and your DH. And the Island visit to look forward to. Especially the quilt store! Anything on your mission list this time?

GGal ... I am still envious of your retrest centre at your LQS! Keep wondering how close to being neighbours you and JenniKy would be?

JenniKy ... Now that'd be something, move to a locality for the LQS availability!

Muv ... Thanks for the link. Funny thing, I thought about cling wrap on the weekend, and didn't go there, thinking it wouldn't stay put. Will definitely give it a try! I did try a silicone sheet (cheap cutting mats for kitchens) as I'd seen some mention they used them. I thought I was getting more drag from it, than without, so went back to the without stage. I have seen the Supreme Slider thingy, and even seeing it IRL, I still wondered if it was worth the $ ! So opted not. Besides it didn't look big enough to really make a difference. You mentioned vinyl? Tell me more please. Also, interesting that some are saying the spray basting caused missed stitches ... eeks! I'd never want to have to give up my spray basting! I'll choose not to hear that for now!!!

WOW!!! FMQ on your Treadle ... you must have wonderfully strong feet and legs with that workout! Cotton gloves .. do you wear them to protect your work from soiling? Or do you find that they help you hold the quilt as you work away?

W4Me ... Thank you! And yes, maybe Monty needs some blush marks. However, we all know that our Mounties are serious sorts, and can keep their composure in guard duty .... love how people try to get them to crack a smile at those times! So I think that's the mode he's in, being that he's on Sentinel duty, as Muv determined! Sure hope you have a pic or two to show us of Canada D'Eh debuting on Canada Day!!

Liz92B ... you've got me on the SCA? Yes, I'm sure that the life that comes to Cowtown is not for all! When I was a kid we went west on a family holiday, and stayed with cousins in Calgary for the Stampede. It poured and poured and poured the night before ..... floods in the streets. The next day was beautiful for the parade. Most of what I remember were the crowds and so as a kid I couldn't see much .... and then the sunburn I got. I don't remember the stampede other than us going to the Chucks and watching them. Now that was FUN and lots of action!!!!!!

Back to Monty-talk ... BTW this was my first "serious" FMQ project and I truly did enjoy it, despite the challenges that I dealt with. So I'm soaking up all the input and feedback that I can get from each and everyone, so I can progress and develop my skills. I didn't think of it last night, but will take some pics closer up to try to show the stippling that I did.