View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 11:41 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by Muv View Post
QuiltE - I toyed with the idea of a Supreme Slider, but I'm a cheapskate and wasn't keen on forking out 28 quid on something I could only see on an advert online. So I took a stroll into the kitchen and got some clingfilm and put a layer over the bed of the machine. No need to cut a hole for the feed dogs - the needle will puncture the hole it needs. Also it stays in place for ages, and if you need to replace it it costs next to zero. There was discussion about this in the vintage machine section. Read this thread and watch the video mentioned in post 24 - it gives the link.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...e-t181855.html

Dublb - can you get him to sing Yellow Rose of Texas for us?
Thanks for the link. Very informative. By clingfilm do you mean syran wrap... stuff you put over a dish of leftovers, etc.? That would be nice.... and cheapo (which is right in my line of thinking, BTW). OK, 28 quid is equal to what in US currency? I googled it but it only gave me weight measurement equivilants. Sorry for being so un international

I did so enjoy that link though on FMQ. I have a 15-91 and a Necchi BU sitting in my dining room and have never cleaned them up nor sewn on them. I better get that changed. I was really upset the other day FMQ on my Bernina Artista with Coats n Clark and have thread breakage frequently. Now, I have to confess, I am a spray baster and might not be willing to give that up. But, I have successfully FMQed before on the Artista but not with the C&C thread.