Old 07-03-2012, 04:20 PM
nstitches4u

Originally Posted by mommasewslove View Post
Hi everyone, I dont know if I am selfish or what but I feel like sewing on that day. I work 6 days a week, take care of our retail business and deal with 2 teenage children and housework, cooking and no time for me. I guess I'll make it my day, maybe just a little. DiD I say that I live 2 blocks from the beach, Myrtle Beach that it. Its gonna be soooo Hot and crowed. I dont dare go there. A peaceful place like Hunnington state park calls me. Its so nice there. Like to hear what y'all are doing in your sewing on that day. Blessings.
You deserve to have a day to do just what you want to do. Go for it! I am planning to spend the day in my sewing studio. DD and her family are taking a mini-vacation, leaving Thursday a.m., before dropping DGS off at camp. DS and his family always get together with friends on the 4th for a BBQ and fireworks. We don't do the firecracker scene, so we will stay home in the AC and enjoy some time to ourselves. This is one holiday when we don't have a big family get-together. I spent all day today doing laundry and cleaning house, so TOMORROW IS MINE! LOL. I'm looking forward to some serious quilting time.