Old 07-04-2012, 03:55 AM
romanojg

I have the Viking Ruby and I don't know why anyone thinks it only has a 4x4 hoop; it comes with one a lot larger. It also has lots of other hoops available; like the 8 x8 quilters hoop (still not the biggest one I own) and then there are 2 endless hoops which are great. It has the cutwork needles that makes life easy, the needles actually cut the fabric. I have had my machine since Sept and I love it. It's not finicky when it comes to thread. I can honestly say that I have Never adjusted the thread tension, it's always right. It has so many features, very fast, I had to slow it down to use. Go to Vikings web site and you can compare it. By the way, I think the largest hoop that I have so far besides the endless is 360 x 200. If you can get to a store to try them out that is the best way to deside if you like a machine. Here is the website for my LQS/dealer and she has infor about the machines and their pricing; I got mine for 4500 and it had 7hours of use on it but still got that warranty and free classes and clubs.
http://www.bellafabricsva.com/gently...w-machines.htm