View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 06:18 AM
Grannyh67

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
a person can certainly ask any amount they want to ask for anything- sure doesn't mean they will get what they are asking. often (non-sewer's) see an older machine & think they have a treasure- and instead of doing a little research they go ahead & offer it for some ridiculous price- when they get no responses they tend to start doing a little research- or they find another (non-sewer) who doesn't know any better and sell it ... I have a sister in law who has held onto a machine she believes to be a real treasure---for about 12 years now- when she first showed it to me she offered me (a real deal---for me---$500) i didn't choke- but i smiled & said---no thanks- i have a good machine-
this past summer i found the same machine (a 1956 singer 99-K) for $20 at a yard sale -- i showed it to her when they came to visit- she said---
Wow- that ones in better shape than mine but i bet i offered you a better deal!--when i told her i got it for $20 she became extremely (angry) indignant===pretty much called me a liar & left in a huff---
oh well- i have mine- and she can just keep her's in her garage for ever
I love it, that made me laugh. Good for you. I would have loved to have been there. I see them on eBay all the time asking an ungodly price for these old machines. I guess there is someone out there who will buy but not me.