Old 07-04-2012, 08:25 AM
kathyjg

Wow, am I glad I am not the only one who deals with these crazy issues as I get older! Getting up and move around every 30 minutes is an actual Dr order for me. I have rice bags in every size, made 2 of each size so I can put one in the freezer, as well as, having one I can micro. Sometimes, heat works for me and sometimes the cold does. I also, keep a rice bag in my car under the seat, just about every gas station has a micro. A good therapy ball--usually blue, you can sometimes find them in with the exercise equip. but I went to a store that sells wheelchairs and adaptive equip. for handicapped. They must be a size that fit. You should be sitting sq., knees straight out and feet flat on the floor. These are awesome for relieving back pain and strain as well has helping with your posture. I have also seen bases that the ball fit on with a small back support for making into kind of a chair. I don't have the base. Originally, I was given the ball, almost 20 yrs ago during PT after a back surgery. Also, used it when I was working to sit on at my desk. Now, that I have had toi retire because of my back, I have dug it out and keep it in my sewing room, I use it more than I thought I would.