View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 08:53 AM
crafterrn1

I would look at the way I piece. I love Bonnie H. She has many great patterns. Many common domain blocks. I have taken 3 classes with her. I learned something new in each one. That being said, I would evaluate the size of my blocks. How many scraps do I have? I have 4 large bins full of my scraps. I also would decide on my most frequently used sizes of blocks strips and squares. Do I always make 12inch finished blocks? Do I use a lot of 2-1/2 inch strips? Do I use 4-1/2 inch squares or 5 inch or 3-1/2 inch? It depends on the types of quilts you will be making. I also do needleturn applique. So I will seperate the smaller pieces for the applique scraps. Then there is the uneven strip pieced quilt blocks, as well as crumb quilts. I know it is a large job for me. Hubby is away for a week and I am pulling out all the scraps and finally organizing them. I agree check out a few scrappy quilters sites and blend the sizes for your needs! Enjoy revisiting the old fabric! But have fun with the process! Luann in CT