Old 07-04-2012, 09:59 AM
nancia

i am adding borders to a tumbler quilt. i am using pale pink and aqua for the borders since the quilt has lots of color. i warn you ahead of time, i will post pictures so you'll want to have your sunglasses at your side! i get migraines from bright light--like the light reflected off a shiny part of a car, or a flash of light-- so i've had to be very careful handling this quilt!lol. not laughing at the migraines, i promise. i have had them since i was 13, way long ago! some are disabling, and some are almost like a normal headache and i can continue whatever i was doing, but with limited head movement. i have had several that mimic a stroke, and those are the hardest to deal with. i never know if i should go to the hospital or just wait for the pain to start. i usually get the aura which is quite pretty, but foreboding, then i get 'swiss cheese' vision, and then slam, the pain. the second day i feel like i have a very bad hangover, and it's often worse than the original. then 48 to 24 hrs later, poof! it's gone. some i will get 3 or 4 starts in a day, the whole aura and vision thing. july has always been my toughest month with several every week. i used to take a preventative but it lowers your blood pressure and that makes me pass out. on the VERY positive side, i get fewer now, and may even make it thru july with none!
i know i'm too late to sign up, but i will follow along as you are my friends and i like to know what you're doing and be with you. so good luck to everyone! unless a miracle happens i wouldn't be much of a contender.
cindy, i am sooo jealous you got to see pat green! i love him, but he doesn't tour outside of texas very much. he was in pa a few years ago and i was right in front of him not 3 ft away. yes, i'm old and very happily married, but i still love a good singer, and he is one of the best! place in my heart for him always.