Old 07-04-2012, 12:47 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

Golly, this is a smart bunch and talented...my fingers were just itching to get back into PC fabric, so I did this afternoon...have 3 blocks cut out ready to sew, and Indian Hatchet in the sewing process. Indian Hatchet you may know from its other three names: On the Road to Kansas comes to my mind. I settled on five inch squares with three inch squares in opposite corners...inner squares different from outer squares...match right sides together of the 5 inch and 3 inch squares in a corner and sew a diagonal line across the square, fold triangle down and press...do each of the four squares (5 inches) , then sew the four squares into a block.

Picnic inside is being very wise. Weather is suppose to break off Sunday/Monday. Jimmy Beyer Studio is in the DC area and has no power, no AC, and no store open. Those poor people in that area...that means no grocery stores open, no AC for anyone, no gas stations open so they cannot escape the area. After 3 days of no power in Northern Illinois, people were in a near riot to have access to food...back in the early 70s.

Yes, we are 'turkeys' now with fowl farming...learning to keep our ducks in a row, and 'tick' less to boot. " Egg-actly!!"