View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 12:51 PM
twinkiedog

Default Golden Plait Tablerunner finished.

OKay I purchased this pattern from England. I had posted a picture wondering what this was called and did anyone
know where I could get the pattern. Someone gave me the email address of the designer of the pattern. I was in a big hurry to get the pattern and then I kept putting it off making it. The directions sort of looked hard. I decided to give it a try. I thought if I made it a short runner then I wouldn't waste fabric or be sorry that I had too much to do on it.
It isn't completely finished I have my hand work to do still. But I think you will get the idea. Would I make another
yes. However, I would change a number of things that I think would make it easier. I alway go by the designers directions first then rethink it afterwards. You are suppose to use inviseable thread stitching the inside binding down.
However, I thought they looked stitched and the idea is for people to think they flip to the backside of each piece.
So I am handstitching them down. Yes everyone says I am anal. Hope you like my runner. The fabric was being thrown out by a girlfriend when she was cleaning her sewing room. So I gladly became a dumpster diver. Ruthie
Attached Thumbnails golden-plait-runner-001.jpg   golden-plait-runner-002.jpg