View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 01:33 PM
MdmSew'n'Sew

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
A little over a year ago, I would have said no way to PPing! Then I "wanted" to do it and started.

I started with the simple tutorial on QuiltersCache.Com. Then moved on from there to doing some simple projects. Along the way, I read/watched/surfed all that I could find ... mostly from threads here on the QB.

You'll find everyone there a lot of different techniques and everyone has their own style. What worked for me was just starting ... and then as I went, I picked up a bit here and there ... and have continued to do so.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Initially I still hated it and gradually as I did more, I got my style and routine flowing and then I was right into it ........ and loving it!

Good Luck!!!!!!!

I agree, Marcia has a great tutorial, plus more PP patterns than the mind can fathom - and if you look at the alphabetic list of blocks, she notes which ones are PPd and also rates them for relative ease of construction - it's a great place to start - and to tackle more complex designs as you gain experience. I've even begun designing my own PP patterns after all my experience using Marcia's patterns. I love PPing, my blocks seem to come out perfect, points line up and seams are consistent