Old 07-04-2012, 02:01 PM
madamekelly

Lightbulb I am spending a quiet 4th just doodling ideas to finish my latest quilt.

I started this quilt over a year ago using salt dyed batiks and one loud print that has all of the other colors in it. The name of the quilt will be "Celebrate your happiness!" When I finished the Dresden plate, it was a giant volcano. I had heard of the volcano problem, but never ran into it on my smaller plates. I am now a qualified expert at 'frog sewing'. Did I mention that the Dresden Plate is 48" across? DH was out of town two days last week, so I spent the time un-sewing and resewing the whole thing. It is now flat. ( I will now draw all stitching lines, that are more than a few inches long.)

The second picture is the background fabrics that it will be appliqued to. That is what I am currently doodling, how to use them for greatest effect.

This quilt is going to hang in the lobby of my friend's business in Portland, OR. I feel so honored, nervous, and excited about being asked. Thank the Lord above that he didn't give me a time limit. If any of you have any ideas for the background set up, please feel free to post them. If I use your suggestion, I will gladly give you design credit on the label. My original idea was the light fabric, framed with a narrow green border, followed by a wider dark border. That just seemed too tame for his space. Ideas?
Attached Thumbnails 96587ce54369__1341437221000.jpg   87b48841a67e__1341437171000.jpg