Old 07-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Vanogay

Happy 4th everyone. Congratulations cdmmiracles for losing last month. I lost in June so I'm hoping that is gone for good. We ate rotisserie chicken and salad for our 4th of July dinner and will have watermelon in a little while. My week has been hectic. A rather large quilt store went out of business and closed her doors on Saturday. She donated all the remaining fabric to a non-profit. Our guild is one of two guilds meeting at that non-profit and we were asked to inventory ALL the remaining fabric for them AND to disburse it to different charity guilds in the local area. On Monday, 8 of us worked all day (9-5) counting yardage off each bolt (you know, 2 wraps equal 1 yard) by manufacturer. Then we had to move it all to the non-profit to set up for the next day when the first of 8 groups came in to receive their fabrics. It was set up for each group to get 82 bolts (that's bolts) plus I made each group a notions bag with threads, rulers, patterns and I can't remember what all. I have been so tired - and if it can be true, I'm tired of looking at fabric!!! However, that being said, today I trimmed two quilts for binding, finished 1 block on a quilt of my own and put a binding on a small wallhanger. Guess I'm not that tired of fabric after all. With all that work and tomorrow meeting the last of the groups, I haven't had time to eat - that's a good benefit out of all this. Keep cool everyone.