View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 02:51 PM
sweetana3

I watched the demonstrator for Amidon Quiltworks demo her technique for Baltimore Applique designs. She does incrediblely intricate designs with hundreds of tiny pieces. Basic technique is to make a copy on freezer paper (this is the hardest part since it has to be going in the correct direction and I can never remember how to cut it out. Cut around the freezer paper with a 1/4 or slightly less allowance depending on the size of the piece. Carefully dab starch all around on the seam allowance and iron the allowance against the edge of the freezer paper to the back. Go slow and use a small iron or one of those long pointy ones from Joanns. Since it is ironed and starched, you can take out the paper and the seam will stay in place. Then use Roxanne's Baste it (temp glue) to glue the pieces together. lay out and either hand sew or machine sew with invisible thread.

I tried this technique and it works and I love it. She does have a DVD.

I had far more trouble figuring out how to do the freezer paper than I did the fabric. I suggest doing one letter of the alphabet to make sure you are doing it correctly. If you do a B or E, you can tell immediately when you look at the fabric with the design ironed on if it faces the right direction.

Last edited by sweetana3; 07-04-2012 at 02:53 PM.