Old 07-04-2012, 10:44 PM
nancia

i had a lovely day today with dh. we watched old movies featuring the 4th, went to 2 hdware stores for faucet parts they didn't have, then shopping at tar-get for p'nut butter, watched the macy's fireworks on tv and i added a border to my latest tumbler quilt. i so love my go!! i got carried away and cut enough tumblers to make 2 quilts, and still have some left over! it's so fast and easy! gotta love it! and, speaking of love, tomorrow i should receive my 'new to me' brother embroidery machine!!! it has been used once to piece a lap quilt, that's it! and it has an extra hoop. all for less than half price of a new one. sooo sweet!! and it comes with complimentary fabric, and i'll accept a compliment any time i can get one! i will post pics after i finish unpacking it! it is coming from a friend i met on this board. she was a wonderful support for me when i was going thru really bad times last year and early this year. she asked to quilt some quilts for me as she likes to use her longarm, so i sent her two. i made a jacket for her in the quilting in the new year swap. her daughter liked it, so i made one for her. and our friendship just flourishes. a friend of hers is looking for a serger, and as a young mother of 3 little ones, can't afford to pay much. wouldn't you know it, i have a serger in a never been opened box from 22(?) yrs ago. so for postage the young mom will have a 'new' serger. it's so much fun to do something for someone who will really be happy because of it! anyway, i love my friend and i am so glad we met and it's all due to this board! that is by far the best thing about swaps!!