View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 06:02 AM
Esqmommy

You'll never believe this - I was all excited to work on my blocks when I got home from work yesterday. I finished up one, and started on a second. But I couldn't get it going. I kept cutting off the second piece and had no idea what was wrong. So, I called the instructor as she gave us her phone number. When I explained it, she couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Turns out she lives about 3 minutes from my house, so she invited me over to figure out what I was doing wrong!! Isn't that so sweet of her??? I couldn't believe it!!! So, I went there and lo and behold, it was a simple little cutting mistake - I wasn't cutting the 1/4 inch after laying down my first piece of fabric. You would not believe her sewing room. Amazing, with all kinds of light, big table, lots of design walls, and the best area for sewing - the cutting board and ironing all situated so you don't have to get up at all. I wanted to take pictures to post but felt like it would be rude!! She's very talented and teaches quite often. Anyway, just wanted to share a nice story with ya'll.